Monday 15 July 2013

Week 3 - Day 1

One of my usual routes today, as in local Post Office to post work mail and purchase stamps.

Locked up and left work at a few minutes before 4.30pm (that being the earliest time I feel I can leave, morally), relieved to see blinds down in boss's kitchen window (she lives opposite the offices) and therefore believing that if I closed the office door quietly and tiptoed down the longer-than-average drive she would be none the wiser.

Therefore, I closed the office door quietly and was just about to lock it when I spotted my boss watering the lawn to my left. Eeeek!  I waved a cheery goodbye, said see you in the morning, and legged it guiltily down the longer-than-average drive, hoping she wasn't wearing a watch.

I walked steadily (unhindered by parcels) towards the local Post Office, feeling very aware that my upper support today was rather flimsy and feeling very self-conscious that certain parts of my anatomy were wobbling around quite unnecessarily. Hopefully, if any resulting collisions came to court, I wouldn't be held liable.  I can see it now - Court v Mother Nature. What an interesting case that would be!

En route to the local Post Office, I passed a car parked up and heard a lady say 'Hiya!', and walked on, thinking said lady had parked up to make a call on her mobile.  Something registered, however, in my mind, and I took a few steps back to realise that the lady in the parked car was my friend Christine, and that she had indeed being saying 'Hiya' to me.  We chatted for a few minutes - she was waiting for her husband who had been gardening in the nearby house, and then he appeared and Christine offered me a lift the rest of the way to the local Post Office, which after a momentary objection, I gratefully accepted! Thanks, Christine! ;)

I did what I needed to do (i.e. purchase stamps for work) and purchased a few items (yes, they sell wine!) and headed for the bus stop.  On the way, I saw a young couple with a buggy containing 2 very young children (if I had to guess, I would say one baby and one slightly older baby, nearing toddler) sitting on the wall waiting for the bus going the opposite way to me.  The bus stops were almost opposite each other.  I saw them there last Monday too.  The young male of the couple greeted me heartily as I approached, asking how I was etc.  I don't know this person, I swear.  First time I ever saw him was last Monday and we didn't have any exchange then. 

Being brought up to be polite, I replied that I was fine thanks etc.  There was lots of room on the pavement next to the buggy, but he said 'Oh, sorry, are you wanting to go around' and making as if to move the buggy out of the way.  I was torn between saying 'there's plenty of room for a little one like me' (haha!) and 'No, I thought I would just stand here behind your buggy all night'.

Arriving at the bus stop, I could hear this young man talking.....and really, I'm sure it isn't necessary to sprinkle your sentences with quite so many swear words, or the word 'man'.  Thank goodness Sidney the Snail didn't have to be subjected to such language. Maybe that is why he moved on? Snails can be so sensitive.  Don't get me wrong, I have myself uttered the occasional swear word, but only in context and definitely not as an adjective to punctuate each sentence!

The bus arrives, bang on time, and I embark.  Nobody of any note on the bus, and not much at all to report on that score.  (The main villains are on the journey back from the local town.)

Hence.....wait for it.....drum roll please.....I arrived home just 35 minutes after leaving work....amazing!

Maybe things are looking up?

Though still in two minds re local garage owner saying part for my car out of stock as common problem, and Nissan telling me problem just with my car.....hmmmm.....maybe I will investigate this further....;) x








1 comment:

kathrynruthd said...

Flimsy upper support?? I blame the heat for me pondering over what on earth you meant until I got to the bit about wobbling anatomy...then had to stop reading until I'd finished sniggering!

Swearing is a terrible habit...I never swear...ok well maybe a bit...ermm...more than a bit?! Lol!!