Wednesday 10 July 2013

Week 2 - Day 3 - Bus Roulette

Had an extremely busy day at work, as boss clearing out her in-tray and offloading all manner of things onto me from months back to file or deal with.  It took me a whole 4 hours to play one game of Chuzzle....that's how busy I was!  Outrageous.

Left work today at 4.50pm.....I wanted to finish the 2nd game of Chuzzle - plus it looks good for me that I stayed later, apparently working hard.

I employed different tactics today, hence the Bus Roulette reference, as I decided to not check the timetable or worry about when the buses were due.....very bravely I just 'went for it'.  Get me!!

Different schedule for me too this evening, as I didn't go into the local town - instead I walked to the local Post Office (the one that sells wine) - completely unhindered and hence unbuggered by big parcels.  My work bag I carried was so light, I almost hovered over the pavement.  I hovered slightly higher over the blue thing I spotted which I hope was a burst balloon and not something else.  (Do they make them in blue?)

Upon my journey to the Post Office I was woofed at by a boxer dog, who's owners were in the garden with it and I'm sure I heard them tell the dog not to woof at strange ladies, and was passed by a big slow tractor with a stream of cars held up behind it and I must admit I had a slight snigger to myself at the poor car drivers that were being held up.  Mean, yes.  Acceptable given my circumstances, yes.

I carry out my business at the Post Office, and head for the bus stop - carefully checking every inch of the vertilap fence panels for any sign of Sidney the Snail....sad news I'm afraid....he has definitely gone for good.  (Hopefully not gone for food, as somebody has suggested 'Sauted Sidney')

Checking the bus times, I note that it is a mere and barely noticeable these days 11 minutes until the next bus is due.  (There's a clue in the word 'due')

House No.75 still has all it's front facing curtains drawn.....although I noticed tonight a few bags of what looks like sand leant up against the side of the house?  I'm hoping it *is* sand and not the ashes of several deceased relatives.

A nice surprise for me, as four doors to the right, what looks like Grandma (my apologies to the lady in question if I'm mistaken) and a toddler-sized child in her arms came to their front gate to look for the bus.  I know this, because I could hear the lady say to the little person 'Where's the bus?  Is it coming?'  To which I resisted the urge to shout across the road 'It had bloody well better be - it's 6 minutes late already!'  I mean, it wasn't her fault.  And, as you know, I've been brought up to be polite and not upset anybody.

A whole six minutes late, and the bus arrives.  Not a word of apology from the driver.  Amazing!  I board and slap £1.30 into the receptacle with a defiant look that said 'That's all you're getting'.  My 2nd week taking the bus, and already my personality is changing to that of a regular bus-user.

I take a seat behind a 20-something girl, who's fine, natural blonde hair is scooped up and secured with a hairgrip.  I believe in the days of Yore they called them 'Kirbygrips'.  You know, the standard brown ones that are wiggly on one side and have always reminded me of ants for some strange reason, possibly due to the bobbly antennae on the ends. Anyway, there her head was, just inches from my face, and I wondered idly what she would do if I pulled that one hairgrip out.  Then, I noticed her ears, which were on show due to her fine blonde locks being held up by a hairgrip.  Now, I was seriously tempted to flick her right ear, which had a stud in facing the wrong way round.  It was so tempting.  I felt my fingers flex.  Just a quick flick on the back of that earlobe......! 

Of course, I resisted, having been brought up to be polite and not flick earlobes on the bus.  But boy, was I tempted!

Email to Nissan update : Only my car has this fault, part coming from Japan, and car out of warranty so no gesture of goodwill forthcoming any time soon.

The blog continues then......








1 comment:

kathrynruthd said...

I am truly shocked about the Chuzzle playing! And as for the temptation on the bus...I think in my bus experience I've tended more to the punch in face type of temptation, but, like you, I was brought up to be polite and not upset people! Lol!

Is it wrong that I'm not entirely sorry for the lack of expediency on the part of Nissan? I want as much blogging as possible :)